STEP 1: Determining if you need a license
- Do your radios operate on more than 0.5 Watts of power?
- Do you use for radios for business use (non-personal)?
- Do you operate on business band frequencies?
If any of the questions above are yes, proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2: Determining what type of license is needed
- How many radios do you use?
- Are you using your radios around a fixed location?
- Are you communicating with mobile radios in vehicles?
- Are you using a repeater to amplify your coverage?
- Are you transmitting with more than voice communications (is data being transmitted)?
- What is your power output?
- How many frequencies (channels) do you need?
- Do you need a new license or are you renewing / modifying an existing license?
STEP 3: Contact your FCC License Expert at 1-888-742-5893 with the following information
- Tax ID Number
- Address of Operation
- Structure / Antenna Height (How tall is your building)
- Completed FCC License Application.pdf